Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer has Arrived

We just survived three days of approximately 30 degrees feeling like 35-40 degrees with the humidity. Summer has definitely arrived.

Summer has arrived in a number of other ways too! First, we've moved from our apartment into a lovely old house. It's great to have more space and have a larger family who eat together. We're still navigating around communal financing, chore dividing and other logistics but so far everything is running well.

Secondly, I am no longer unemployed and without a job. I was offered a job (pending reference checks)! I'll be spending July and August with number of groups of youth as an art counsellor. I'm super excited! It will be challenging but it will also help me expand my experience in the social service sector.

Thirdly, although not really as important, Jeremy and I purchased a bed from Ikea so we are no longer sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

Fourthly, I've been volunteering with a theatre group as a quintet member for their production of Jane Austen's Emma. The week before last was ridiculously busy but this weekend is our last set of shows. It has been nice to play some cello but my body continues to struggle through this recovery. Next week I hope to schedule an appointment with a Sports Medicine Doctor to get a proper diagnosis and to come up with a recovery plan.

Today is not as hot as yesterday so I should probably get out and mow the lawn. As the only person currently unemployed in the house, I feel a duty to get some of these things done.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment