Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Past, New Year Present

Christmas has come and gone, but what a lovely season of the year. Jeremy and I enjoyed spending the holiday with our family in Winnipeg. What a blessing to see everyone again after four months of separation! Our return to Kitchener, while sad to leave our families again, has allowed for reality to sink in. This is our home... for now.

I felt the pressure of the new term the moment I stepped onto campus. It will be a busy one (and already is!) First of all, I am playing in the orchestra for Mozart's Magic Flute which the opera students are producing. As excited as I am for that I am also very nervous about time managing rehearsals, writing a major music history paper, and preparing for the final jury that happens in April. Jury is like a performance exam and the mark from that is 30% of my final practical study grade.

Jeremy is still commuting 2 hours a day (1h there/back) to his job but he is on the lookout for new work that is hopefully closer to home. As frustrating as his current job can be, with the commute and lower pay etc, we are very grateful that he has this job.

Kitchener is starting to look more like Winnipeg with it's decent layer of snow, but the cold here is much more mild than there. Unfortunately the snow doesn't make this Winnipeg and we certainly do miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment