What a week!
I will begin with the disappointments and work my way up to the good stuff.
Last week I realized that my cello's bridge was warped. My prof looked at the bridge and moved it back into it's proper place. Unfortunately the strings are now too low for playing. The problem can be fixed but it is a matter of whether it is worth it in the long run. It was a tough Friday because I finally had to come to terms with my need of a new cello. I borrowed a beautiful 240 year old cello from my prof for a few days but it didn't have an end pin, so it was difficult (but not impossible) to practice. Luckily, one of my friends, who is a vocalist, also plays cello and lent me her cello (she doesn't have time to practice it). Needless to say last weekend was pretty stressful.
In the good news department, we purchased a new couch and it was delivered on Saturday! It's lovely and comfortable. Further in this department, the good news about the bad news is that we are starting a search for a new instrument. We are going into Toronto tomorrow to do some preliminary searching. And while there are huge questions about where the money for such purchase will come from, it is still very exciting.
We will keep you posted about our search for a new cello as things develop.
Sarah,
ReplyDeleteYou may want to try "Wilder and Davis" in Montreal. That's where I purchased my cello. It's a great instrument and was reasonably priced!
http://www.wilderdavis.com/
Thanks Karen.
ReplyDeleteYes, W&D are on the list. Although I'm not sure how I'll get there. I've started by looking at the Sound Post in Toronto and there are some other places to go to in Toronto. I'm probably going to take another trip to Toronto on Friday and visit some places.